In this season of festivals I feel like having sweets and sweet dishes all the time… So this is the latest awesome sweet dish that I tried…Apple Khoya Kheer…
1 cup Grated Apple ( 1 large apple)
2 cups Milk
1/2 cup Unsweetened Khoya / Mawa
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tbsp Ghee
1/4 tsp Cardamom
1 pinch Saffron
- Soak the saffron in little warm milk and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the grated apple and fry for about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool completely.
- Pour milk in a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the khoya, sugar and saffron milk to the boiling milk and mix well.
- Let it boil for about 5 – 7 minutes or until the mixture thickens a little.
- Add the cardamom powder and cook for another 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Add the prepared apple to the cooled milk mixture and mix well.
- Garnish with nuts and refrigerate for sometime. Serve chilled.
- Add more milk if you want thinner consistency.
- Use less or more sugar depending on the sweetness of the apples.
- You can serve this at room temperature or chilled.
- Make sure that you mix the milk mixture and sauteed apple only at room temperature. Otherwise, the kheer may curdle.